Today’s Topic – The Mandela Effect
The Mandela Effect. Never Heard Of It? Maybe You Did!
The Mandela Effect was the topic for the radio show today. During each music break, I explained a little about and then gave examples. It’s a strange phenomena that’s been going on the past few years. Basically, a large group of people remember something in the past being a certain way, but if you look it up today, it’s different. As if history is being re-written.
There are some theories being thrown around as to what is the cause. The top two are the particle accelerator in Switzerland known as CERN, and the D-Wave quantum computer. Do some googling on both of these and you may find some interesting things. Plenty of Youtube videos our there on the Mandela Effect.
So some of today’s examples were:
- Star Wars that came out in the 70’s. C3PO was all gold in color. Millions will remember him/it this way. I grew up with Star Wars and have watched it dozens of times. C3PO was always all gold. If you watch the movie now, he has a silver right chin bone. Where did that come from? Was history re-written?
- Darth Vader. At the end of the movie, Luke and Darth are fighting it out. Luke has part of his arm cut off and is hanging from a girder of some type. Darth Vader says to him, “Luke, I am your father”. If you watch the movie now, Darth says “No, I am your father”. Thought I was losing my mind. I found two clips of James Earl Jones on a talk show saying his favorite line in the movie was when he said, “Luke, I am your father”. Is he wrong too? How could he possibly get it wrong. Yep. Something strange is going on.
- Mr. Rodgers. How many of you grew up watching Mr. Rodgers? In the beginning of every show he song a sang starting with, “It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood”. Now look it up. Now he says, “It’s a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood”. How crazy is that? Tell me below in the comments.
- Everyone knows “Forest Gump” and “Life is like a box of chocolates”. Right? I thought. Now it’s, “Life was like a box of chocolates”. That doesn’t even make grammatical sense. Past tense. He dead? In the scene where he’s waiting at the bus stop sitting on a bench. A nurse comes and sits next to him. He offers her a chocolate and say, “Life was like a box of chocolates”. Even checked it on my old VHS tape. On the back cover it says “Like” and in the scene, it now says “Was”. It didn’t before. Strange, isn’t it?
- Remember Oscar Meyer Wieners? The hot dog car used to ride around with Oscar Meyer on it? Well, now it’s Oscar Mayar. It’s never been that way. It is now. Am I wrong?
That’s a few examples of what we covered on the show today. Hop on Youtube and search for the Mandela Effect. Watch a few and you tell me what’s going on. When millions of people remember it one way and now it’s another, something is up!
Thanks for tuning in today. Will try and bring something else interesting to the show.